Relationship between Alumni Groups and the University
The University and Alumni Groups work together to ensure mutually
beneficial outcomes for both parties. In order for this to happen,
we ask new Alumni Groups to complete an application form, and for
all Groups to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The MoU outlines
how the University and Alumni Groups can best work together, establishing
expectations for both the University and the Group in order
to secure a bilateral and supportive relationship.
We feel that it is beneficial for Groups and the University to understand and recognise the relationship they are entering once they become officially recognized:
• The University relies upon Alumni Groups to act in the best interests of the University, as its key ambassadors, advocates and supporters for Cambridge
• The University has the discretion, at all times, to remove an Alumni Group should they act in a way that could be construed as prejudicial to LCWU
• The University has no responsibility for the financing of Alumni Groups, however, the Development and Alumni Relations Office can offer funding through the Alumni Groups Grant Scheme
• The University is not able to intervene in disputes between alumni, or between alumni of other universities
• Alumni Groups are independent entities and are responsible for their own governance.